Achar Gosht is a traditional recipe of the sub-continent and has a unique taste. It is named after pickle, known as Achar in the Urdu language.
In ancient times,people made “meat pickles,” which ultimately led to this delicious recipe. This recipe has several variations, but the key in all the variations is the hint of pickle and aroma that you get.
It can either be prepared with chicken or mutton. Mutton achar gosht is commonly prepared on Eid. So, whatever the event is, here is the delicious recipe you can easily prepare with Achar Gosht Masala at home.
To prepare Achar Gosht, you will require salt, red chili powder, fennel seeds, chili flakes, fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, ground tomatoes, chicken, mutton, or beef, water, green chilies, oil, lemon slices, coriander leaves.
Pro TIP: If you want an easier option, use this ready to make Achar Gosht Masala and just add yogurt, tomato paste, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, oil, and ginger slices for garnish.
Achar Gosht Preparation
- Take a large bowl and add salt, red chili powder, fennel seeds, chili flakes, fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, or simply use ready to make Achar Gosht Masala. Now mix it well. Next, add a small amount of lemon juice to it and stir. Place it aside.
- Add yogurt, half the lemon masala you made, ginger-garlic paste, and mix well in a separate bowl. Now add chicken or mutton to it and mix until spread evenly. Marinate it for 2 hours.
- Now take large fresh green chilies. Slit and deseed it. Fill the chilies with the remaining mixture you prepared.
- Take a large pan and add oil. Next, add tomato paste to it. Fry it on high flame for few minutes. Now add marinated chicken/mutton to it and cook well.
- Now add water (as required) to properly cook the meat.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 20-30 minutes until meat is fully cooked.
Hint: In the case of chicken, you don’t need to add water as the chicken will cook with yogurt within few minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir until oil separates.
- Now add masala-filled green chilies to it. Again cover the pan and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Delicious Achar Gosht is ready. Dish it out and garnish with lemon, ginger, and fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapatti or naan.
What are you waiting for? Get your Achar Gosht Masala and make this recipe today. It is a simple and easy-to-prepare recipe and has a finger-licking taste. Hope you will love it.