Not everyone has the luxury of spending hours baking cookies or making their favorite desserts. It takes a lot of time and effort to bake a delicious dessert, but thankfully, microwaves exist and have made our lives easier. Microwave ovens are not only used for cooking, they’re also used to make desserts.
Are you craving something now? Here are a few microwave dessert recipes that won’t take your time.
Microwave Peanut Brittle
With a sweet taste and crunchy texture, peanut brittle won’t take a lot of your time if you’re making it in the microwave.
Keep in mind this recipe’s cooking time changes based on the watt power of your microwave.
- Granulated sugar
- Salted peanuts
- Corn syrup
- Baking soda
Steps to Make Peanut Brittle in the Microwave
- Butter the cookie sheets.
- Place the granulated sugar and corn syrup in a bowl and stir.
- Place in the microwave for 4 minutes (if you’re using a 1,000 watts microwave).
- Add the salted peanuts to the bowl, mix them, then place them in the microwave for 3.5 minutes (until it’s light brown).
- Add the butter and vanilla and place in the microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Add the baking soda and stir until light and foamy.
- Pour the mix on the cookie sheets, spread it, and let it cool down.
Microwave Apple Crisp
Whatever you’re craving for some sort of cake or pie, you can do it in a mug in the microwave. That’s all it takes! If you’re into fall flavors like apple and cinnamon, you’ll need to follow these steps to make apple crisp in a couple of minutes.
- Large apples (peeled and sliced)
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Oats (quick-cooking)
- Ground cinnamon
- All-purpose flour
Steps to Make Apple Crisp in the Microwave
- Spread the apples in a glass dish.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, oats, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and allspice and mix.
- Pour the mix on the apples.
- Place in the microwave on full power for 10-12 minutes.
Did someone say a cheesecake for one? That’s what you need a microwave for. Here’s how you can make a cheesecake just for you in a couple of minutes using your microwave.
- Crushed biscuits
- Cream cheese
- Egg white
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Your choice of jam (Optional)
Steps to Make Cheesecake in the Microwave
- Crush the biscuits into smaller pieces, then melt the butter.
- Place the biscuits and butter in a bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese, egg white, sugar, flour, and vanilla till the mix looks creamy.
- Put the biscuit mix in the mug, then place the second mix on top.
- Place in the microwave for one minute.
- Add jam (Optional step).
These are only three recipes that could get you started on making desserts in the microwave. Whatever cake you’re craving or any other dessert, you can prepare it for one person or more within a few minutes in the microwave. Try it one time, and you won’t be able to stop. So what are you waiting for? It’s time for some dessert.